About this episode
Adam Gidwitz (A Tale Dark and Grimm, The Inquisitor's Tale) talks about his journey to finding truth through literature and how he found his own voice to tell the truths he's learned.
"The world is so complex, right? No theory that anyone has can be accurate because the only accurate model of the world is the world. There are too many complexities. … And so what literature does is it catalogues the unique and particular truths of the world and a really great writer, a Jane Austin, Chekhov, Kate DiCamillo, will take one of those truths and reveal it to you in a narrative way that's just so deeply satisfying." - Adam Gidwitz
- Chapter 1 - Writers Don’t Always Write (2:36)
- Chapter 2 - Adam's House (5:10)
- Chapter 3 - Slow and Steady (9:36)
- Chapter 4 - The BFG (12:15)
- Chapter 5 - Not Johnny Tremain (17:10
- Chapter 6 - Discovering Truths (22:06)
- Chapter 7 - Thinkers, Poets, and Monsters (26:39)
- Chapter 8 - I Wish I Was Cast As… (31:37)
- Chapter 9 - Grimmly Ever After (32:49)
- Chapter 10 - Beanstack Featured Librarian (34:17)
Adam's Reading Challenge
Download the free reading challenge worksheet, or view the challenge materials on our helpdesk.