About this episode
Kate DiCamillo (Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tiger Rising) talks about leaning into the dark parts of life to show kids there is always hope.
"If I've done my job right and put my heart and my fears and my questions on the page, if I've told a story right and well, the reader can be aware of me asking those questions, worrying those worries, putting my heart there, and then it's a place for both of us to be together. And it makes you feel less alone as a kid." - Kate DiCamillo
- Chapter 1 - Down the Rabbit Hole (to Florida) (2:46)
- Chapter 2 - The Black Turtleneck (7:19)
- Chapter 3 - Becoming a Children's Writer (11:55)
- Chapter 4 - Charlotte's Wisdom (13:56)
- Chapter 5 - Through The Eyes of a Child (17:16)
- Chapter 6 - A Youthful Memory (22:17)
- Chapter 7 - A Letter to Matt (24:39)
- Chapter 8 - Cassius Wonders (31:05)
- Chapter 9 - Read Brave (38:57)
- Chapter 10 - Beanstack Featured Librarian (41:06)
Kate's Reading Challenge
Download the free reading challenge worksheet, or view the challenge materials on our helpdesk.